Toronto: +1 (416) 322-2914   Kyiv: +380 (44) 253-30-94   Moscow: +7 (499) 124-1116

Social Insurance Number

About Social Insurance Number

Upon your arrival to Canada, obtaining your SIN card is one of the first and most important steps in your adaptation. You have to submit an application to the Human Resources Canada and obtain your Social Insurance Number, which will contain your employment record. With this number you will be able to obtain access to certain special assistance programs such as child tax benefit or maternity payments.

You have to apply to Human Resources Canada with the following documentation:

  • Passport or another identification document
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Marriage Certificate if your name is different.

If you require assistance, The Immigration law firm of Inna Kogan, BA, LL.B. will be happy to review your forms and to direct you to a nearest Human Resources office.