Toronto: +1 (416) 322-2914   Kyiv: +380 (44) 253-30-94   Moscow: +7 (499) 124-1116

Education in Canada

Education in Canada

All levels of secondary school education

School-aged children have an opportunity to come to Canada and study at a school of their choice. They may be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will travel on a tourist visa for the purposes of assisting the child in organizational matter. Alternatively, the child may select the home-stay option and experience the life as a part of a Canadian family. Home-stay programs offer a separate room in a house, home cooked meals and safety of on-going adult supervision. Home-stay families are selected with care and have an excellent track record of affording a high level of attention to foreign children.
Secondary education in Canada is not free for foreigners, but it is significantly cheaper than education in the USA or in England. Approximate cost of a year of studies at a secondary school in Canada is $14,000CND (equivalent of approx $11,000US according to 2015 rates).
You have no limitation in choosing a school of your preference! Our clients have sent their children to schools specializing in fine arts, athletics, boarding schools with the majority of foreigners studying there and to schools with a Russian-speaking principal to minimize the child’s stress of moving to a new environment.
Upon graduating from a Canadian high school, children are generally accepted to Canadian Universities without examinations!

Distance learning:

Having established CanSchool Learning Centres in several countries abroad, we now offer our students a unique opportunity to study Canadian curriculum taught by Canadian licensed teachers in the English language via Skype. Upon completion of the program, students receive their Ontario Secondary School Diplomas and can take advantage of exam-free admission to Canadian Universities alongside their Canadian-born counterparts. Visit our site at for more detailed information.
Students of CanSchool enjoy special rates on summer programs in Canada offered by our agents.

College and University Education in Canada

Students can enter Canadian Colleges or Universities after passing a language test (IELTS or TOEFL) in their country. It is important to note that both college and university students are allowed to work during their studies and stay in Canada after their graduation on long-term Post Graduate work permits and a right to apply for a permanent status in the future.
It is easier to get accepted at a College than at a University. A foreign student has to pass a language test (IELTS or TOEFL). The applications are accepted until such time when there is availability at their chosen programs. Our partner colleges secure every student during his/her education and do their best to assist in getting a job after graduating.

Attention: not all Colleges are equal! There are several types of Colleges and College programs in Canada, some of which are not accredited for foreign students by the Ministry of Education. All government-run Colleges are automatically accredited, but it is important to look into the licensing of a private College. Professional legal advice will help you avoid any such pitfalls.
To successfully get accepted at a University, the application process should be taken more seriously. Most Canadian Universities demand a higher level of English. It is important not to miss the deadline after which the applications for the particular year are no longer accepted (usually it is February for those who apply for September). Proper recommendation letters containing valid information about the applicant written by the right people should be prepared in advance. Our firm will gladly help you and your child to deal with all these nuances.

As soon as the letter of acceptance is received, it is time to apply for a student visa (or a study permit). Communicating with the Canadian Embassy generally goes smoothly but often the smallest mistake or inaccuracy in the documents may lead to problems, delays and refusals. Our firm has many years of experience in this sphere and as a result we offer qualified legal support in the processing of all types of visa applications.

A study permit is usually granted for the term of the program and can be extended without leaving Canada in case of continued studies. Along with the study permit students also receive a work permit for the whole term of their academic program in Canada. After receiving a College or University diploma, a graduate can stay and work in Canada for up to three years and settle in Canada afterwards.

Attention: one year (12 months) of full-time work experience in certain occupations in Canada grants young people an opportunity to apply for permanent resident status either through the Express Entry program or the Canadian Experience Class program. If you do not exclude the possibility of wishing to stay in Canada permanently, you should not limit yourself to a one-year program. Those who study for 1 year only, are entitled to a one-year work permit. Any hold ups in visa or job application process can lead to a shortage of the required term where even 1 day is crucial. For that reason Inna Kogan advises you to opt for two-year programs, following which a successful graduate will be granted a work permit for 3 years. Cumulatively, two years of study and three years of working (a 5-year stay in Canada) should enable anyone to succeed in their efforts to become a permanent resident of Canada.

Distance College and University Education:

You have a unique opportunity to obtain a bachelor’s degree from a reputable Canadian College or University remotely, without the costs of living in Canada. CanSchool Learning Centres are conveniently located in several countries to offer students assistance, technical support and proctors for examinations. Our most popular program is a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at a College or University level. Business Administration diplomas are generally highly valued by employers of all calibers in all countries around the world. To start the course, students need to pass IELTS or TOEFL at a high level.

English as a Second Language

You and your children may also consider learning English in Canada. You can choose home-stay with a Canadian family or to rent a separate apartment during a study period. English language courses last from several weeks to several months. You will learn English while attending classes and though day-to-day communication with native speakers. You will have a chance to go sight-seeing, tour interesting or historic sites and attend entertainment programs or cultural events. You will improve your English, see Canada and make many new friends.